Monday, February 05, 2007

News Flash...

I was watching the news tonight.. something I like to do on my days off... and this story caught my attention.. Seems like there is a railway system in downtown Fort Worth that A LOT of trains go through.. something like 250 a day...Put that away in your memory file for a second.. and then add this.. there is a housing boomlet in downtown Fort Worth.. very spacious and expensive lofts (read..old buildings turned into condos) around the edges of downtown...OK.. so to ME they are very expensive.. since I can only dream of paying over 200 grand for a place for my hat to hang..I just dont make that much money.. and Buckeye.. well he thinks being the guarder of the humble abode is work enough for him..

OK.. so.. go back and get the railroad tracks out of memory.. and know that they have been here for well over a century.. before the buildings were built.. Enter high dollar buyers of said condos..
I know you can see where I am going with this right?

THE TRAINS ARE TOO LOUD!!!

They think something should be done.. maybe.. ohh. I dont know.. reroute the entire train system maybe? Surely that could be feasible.. after all they dont want their idyllic condo's price falling right??

I do remember when they built DFW Airport.. and the people who snapped up they newly developed land around it with the multimillion dollar houses.. and then they started complaining.. about the noise..

What the hell is wrong with people? You buy a house under the flight path of an airport and then complain about the noise?? Or.. you buy a condo that has railroad tracks around 2 sides.. and then are surprised when the noise comes??

It just makes me shake my lil head in wonderment...

And just a lil note to my frigid friends way up north .. I really feel bad for ya'll.. I cannot IMAGINE.. the temperatures ya'll are experiencing.. Makes me almost feel bad that tomorow it will reach 71 degrees here.. almost...

Last Friday we iced over.. and 4 days later.. 71 degress...

OH.. and a P.S...

The gym class I had to buy the freakin book for.. a 51 dollar book mind you.. well.. we had to go to the gym today.. and.. I was floored again.. Apparently.. You have to "clock in/out" to prove you are there... and note on your lil workout card.. exactly what stretches you did and assorted shit like that....I know I am being punished for something.. probably the 71 degrees..

1 comment:

Gina said...

We've been in the 80's the last two days, so I hear ya. I wonder what my punishment is going to be. Oh, wait, I have a four year old. Never mind. ;)