Friday, January 30, 2009

Oh... I Feel Rotten...

Not physically mind you.. But.. I had suspicions for a while now.. about our drug tests we use at work.. and so I tested myself tonight.. knowing the only medication I take is for thyroid issues.. and that isn't going to show...

Guess what? I tested positive for benzo's and a VERY faint line for THC. No.. I have not relapsed or done anything... but.. I called my boss.. and she tested herself.. she was positive for a slew of things.. and she's never done any drugs.. So.. not only do we have to order from a different company.. but I need to go find my client that came up "positive" in January.. Because apparently.. he wasn't positive after all...

I was filling out his application for housing.. and since that test.. he has had to go to outpatient.. and start his 6 months all over.. he's been all stand up about it though.. and just said he would do what he had to do.. now.. I get to fill out his housing application again.. and this time turn it in.. he will be my first client I will have put into housing.. I am excited for him!!!

He came from New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina.... and tells me of terrible nightmares he has from trying to swim out... and running into body after body floating about.. I have referred him to a counselor for that.. since it is way out of my scope of practice... I hope it helps him.. I think he is a good guy.. just got caught up in drugs and lost his way for a while...

I'll be anxious to see the look on his face...

No comments: