Monday, June 05, 2006

Family Weirdness

I have come to the conclusion.. that my family is weird... Well except for my Dad and Step-mom.. they are the sanest and most "normal" people I know.. I got a call from my Dad today.. He had the task of telling me that my cousin had died. Sad thing is.. he died last week.. Funeral was last Friday.. and even though I am listed in the phone book.. I got no phone call.. Even though they have my my email address.. I got no email...Funny how it is the families.. even they are within 50 miles of each other.. drift so far apart that even death doesn't bring them together? Just seems odd to me..
I guess the flip side to that coin is.. you pick your friends.. but you can't pick your family... You kinda play with the hand you get dealt with in that respect.. I am more a part of a couple other families than I am of my own.. I wonder how many other people out there are like that...
Rest well Kevin.. You will be missed...

No comments: