Friday, June 02, 2006

Yet More Garage Cleaning...

OK.. The last day of my weekend was spent.. Again.. Trying to gain space in the lost world of what people call the garage... Exactly WHY they call it the garage I will never understand.. I think it should be called just like it is.. "The extra storage room space cause I cant fit it in anywhere else space." I did get rid of one refrigerator.. And a bunch of boxes.. And actually they even went to the rightful owners... I think that was part of the "their stuff" that was in there.. The rest.. Well since the curb diving mongers took a whole bunch of what was there when I went to bed last night.. I had room for a few more boxes at the curb. I suppose in the morning.. I will have room for a few more.. bulk trash comes next week.. and I have to wait another month for it to come around again...
I still have a hard time wrapping my head around how someone could leave all that stuff there.. I can't seem to let go of the old Yahtzee scoresheets that have my mom's name on them.. ::sigh:: yeah.. mush.. thats me.
I did have a great dinner tonight with my goddaughter.. it is so much fun watching her grow up.. but the funniest thing.. she wanted to cook a baked potato .. in the oven.. and said.. she had it in there "FOREVER!!!" and it wasn't getting soft.. So.. logically i asked her.. "How long DID you have it in the oven?" Thinking.. of course.. the oven must have been on the fritz.. I had to stifle.. and not very well.. a laugh.. when she looked at me.. all wide eyed.. innocent.. and said.. "Well, a GOOD 20 minutes!!!" I still smile... hard not to...
So.. all in all .. it was another good day.. but I ended up today.. as I did yesterday.. thinking.."WHOSE stuff IS this?"

No comments: