Thursday, November 23, 2006

Busy busy busy...

Wow.. it has been a while since I posted.. but then again.. a lot has been happening around my humble abode...
First I want to share something good.. I got inducted into Phi Theta Kappa last week.. Its an international honor society for 2 year colleges..I wished I would have thought more about that and invited my parnts to come.. they would have enjoyed that.. its kinda hokey and all that.. but it would have made them see I really AM working hard at this college thing..I did wear my "Sunday best" as requested.. Heres a pic.. complete with the white rose.. for some purity :::koff::: reason


And then.. if that wasn't enough..lol..we had a contest at work to decide the new Customer Service slogan for the next 2 years.. I WON!! I am still not sure if I really felt the slogan or if it was just blatant sarcasm on a day when people were just working my last known good lesbian nerve.. Seriously.. on most days I do like my job and enjoy the people. the general public can be pretty danged funny without even knowing it... and besides.. I get to meet people like Chris Cagle!!!
But.. they gave me a gift card.. a really nice button down shirt with the slogan on it.. and a mug.. complete with slogan and a carved wooden plaque.. once again.. I thught it was a hokey thing that turned out to be something special... I need to pay more attention to things I suppose..They had an unveiling ceremony..complete with baloons and the ever present company snack of chips and hot sauce...and we all got new pens with the slogan on it... and my boss actually snuck out and caught me WORKING!! What are the ODDS?? Wanna see? lol..



That is my really cool shirt they gave me.. MUCH better than the blue polo shirts we have to wear... All in all its been a pretty cool couple of weeks..
Ohh.. and the slogan is.. "Proud to be the reason you come back!" Oh my.. I have been abducted and taken o the other side..mayhaps I be a "company girl" now? Perish the thought...

No comments: