Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving....

I had an awesome day today.. spent with the parental units.. the extended family parental unit.. good times.. good food.. homes full of love... talked to some friends on the phone.. all in all.. it was a good day.. I feel warm.. and that's something.. cause its actually snowing/sleeting and raining here in Texas...No.. really.. I am feeling warm because I am loved.. and I love others.. That's what its all about my friends...doing what ya can for others.. and when needed.. letting others do what they can for you...that was a hard lesson for me to learn.

I am thankful today for my family..who love me in spite of me..My Valentine.. who makes me feel as special as a new color of crayon...my friends.. who seem to always be there right on time..My puppy.. who meets me at the door like he has missed me more than he can say... the fact that I am warm.. because I have heat.. I am full because I have food.. and I can lay my head down on a pillow because I have a home to live in.. I realize I am luckier than a lot of people in this world.. too many people don't have the luxuries that I do.. too many people don't have enough food.. or a warm place to sleep..

I am grateful for so many things today.. but the #1 thing I am grateful for? that by the grace of God.. I am one more day clean...

So.. Hope yall had a good day..

God bless us everyone...

No comments: