Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wow...

For anyone who remembers the trial and tribulations of getting my garage cleaned out.. I did the same with my back porch today.. Although I think the garage took 2 days.. and was put out for the trash people to come get.. which.. meant restacking it every day because people kept stopping by and just KNEW there was something in that pile of trash that was inherently valuable.. and they should dismantle the entire pile looking for ii...

Bammy took a smart pill after that.. and today we went to the dump.. TWO truckloads.. to the dump... I am amazed that people keep some of the things I saw out there.. Old hedge clippers that have been rusted together since 1949.. plastic pots that have sat in the sun so long that when you pick them up.. literally they fall apart in your hands..

I realize.. that Home Chicken had lived in this house almost her entire life..and her mom and dad touched those things out there.. but dayummm.. trash is trash.. I went through a stage where I kept some of my mom's things for that very reason.. and to this day.. I still have some "Yahtzee" score sheets that she used.. yeah.. hokey.. but yeah.. sentimental... But crapity crap crap that has gotten so old it bears no resemblance to the person to whom I was wanting to hold onto? No.. its gotta go..

So.. I have a very cool.. very clean back porch now.. I can envision bbq's and the like finally happening out there...I am tired.. and probably going to be sore cause I dont think the muscles I used today have been used in a while.. yeah.. I know .. a little more activity wouldn't hurt me.. baby steps.. lol.. I am working on cutting out dr. peppers.. I only had one today.. which in itself is a major miracle..I usually have anywhere from 8 to 10... TEA!!!!.. is my new mantra.. We drink about a gallon a day here on Gay Ave. Although I think it might have more caffeine in it.. which is why I might be rambling on and on about nothing.. So.. I will close now.. and be off the clean the inside of the dryer vent thingie.. gah!!! I need more to do... Later ya'll..

3 comments:

DB said...

Gah! 8 to 10 Dr. Pepper's per day? Dayum, girl...

And tea, well, decaf tea still has some caffeine so you might try that.

Congrats on the cleanout. I understand about crap being crap no matter which way you turn it. I've got some cleaning out to do upstairs. Perhaps some of that will happen today.

SassyFemme said...

8-10 Dr. Peppers? Yeah, cutting down, way down, is probably a good idea. Your insides will thank you for it. :)

Yeah for the clean porch. Getting rid of parents' stuff is hard. There are still things I'm holding on to that are of no use, but are just sentimental, even just scraps of paper with Mom or Dad's handwriting on them.

charlie said...

Yes this is home chicken and i have been reading your blogs. Do you have any clue what devastation u have done to me by taking my whole world from me because i am a drug addict and made a big mistake but all i needed was help not to lose everything i ever owned. i see you help homeless people now well maybe u can help me since u are the reason i lost my world. My mom trusted u and so did i. I know i did alot of wrong things to u and made alot of bad decesions but i was strung out again. But u being sober how could u ruin my life over those mistakes. I will never be the same knowing i will never live on gay ave again