Sunday, September 07, 2008

Home Sweet Home...

Dorothy pegged it.. there's no place like home.. I spent the week in Austin.. attending a conference for the homeless network.. Might i say.. watching the sunrise over downtown Austin.. whilst sitting in the hot tub.. is very cool... Counter point to that was.. when the sun did rise... you could see the Salvation Army below.. and the homeless of Austin hanging out hoping for breakfast...

I learned a lot.. Mostly.. that what I think is best for a client.. might be best.. but.. if it isnt what they want.. then.. whats the use.. but.. there are ways.. to get both things completed...Just like when you have an egotistical boss.. al ya gotta do is make them think it is their idea.. Not that they are egotistical.. just sometimes a car isnt the most pressing need when you dont have anything but a box to sleep in...

Anyway.. it is good to be home.. I am on a mission now.. to get the population of the mission registered to vote.. YES!! It IS possible to get registered without exactly having a place the post office recognizes as an address..

My other mission is to campaign for the universal living wage.. Check it out.. Click here for further information It makes a lot of sense to me...

Ok.. My tummy is queasy.. and I still need to make up some cuddle time with my buckeye..

Night Ya'll

1 comment:

SassyFemme said...

I love your passion for helping others. It screams out in your writing!

Austin has always been one of my favorite places. If I ever had to go back and live in TX again, I'd go there in a heartbeat.