Friday, January 23, 2009

OK.. So...

What's been happenin? Let me think.. Well.. I have had 2 clients relapse since the new Year.. Both of who I was gettin ready to put in housing.. now both have to wait another 6 months.. One almost lost her kids today to CPS.. AGAIN..

Why do I do what I do again? Why do I love it like I do? Days like today I question it.. I suppose because there are many more days when people seem grateful to be where they are. I know it may sound strange for someone to be glad they are in a shelter.. but I tell ya.. This is unlike any shlter I have ever seen or even heard about.. It is safe.. secure.. God based.. you get 3 meals a day.. and if you come with the clothes on your back.. you will have new or at least new to you.. clothes to wear...

It isn't surprising to me that it stays full a lot of the time.. what does surprise me is that people make choices that put them back on the street. I'm not sure if I do this job another 20 years.. that I will ever not be surprised by that. I hope not. I think when it quit surprising me.. then I will be no good for my clients...

Hope does spring eternal in me.. I firmly believe.. that anyone can do this thing.. That is.. getting and staying clean.. People might come to recovery in all sorts of ways.. but the thing is.. they do get there..

Thanks God.. for helping me and guiding me through one more day clean...

No comments: